14.Yohann Huget, lucky bounce, maybe, but he took his chances and looked very dagerous
10. Rhy Priestland, only joking, im not that biased, i think this six nations may be the last chance he will be given in a while
7. Sam Warburton, showed real hunger, unfortunately has payed the price with a dislocated shoulder
5. Courtney Lawes, lineout king and agile
4. Paul O'Connell, continues to inspire his team to great things and was instrumental in the rolling maul and at lineout
6. Peter O'Mahonny, Irish forwards dominated this six nations
3. Mike Ross, another Ireland forward
2.Dylan Hartley, as much as i dont like him, you have to admit he had some great accuracy
1. Cian Healy, great ball carrier and useful in the scum and maul
Picking a Welsh squad at the moment is pretty tricky, so many tired looking players and a few injuries, I will freshen it up a bit and try and pick on current form, not on reputation:
15. James Hook, the squad needs more intelligent kickers and experience at the top level
14. Leigh halfpenny, he provides another kicking option and can be dangerous when running, his goal kicking accuracy requires him to be in the squad. Cuthbert has been anonymous this six nations.
13. Jonathan davies, coming back from injury but dangerous and quality.
12. Jamie Roberts, Wales main weapon in getting over the gainline.
11. George North, still young but showing he is class.
10. Dan Biggar, more consistant than Priestland and better at kicking
9. Mike Phillips, on the front foot he is still class, Webb is also showing potential.
8. Taulupe Falatau, not getting any competition for his jersey.
7. Sam Warburton, was on form this year. Close between him and Tipuric but, on form, Warburton is best.
6. Dan Lydiate, stuttered at first but is getting back to his best, finding his way in France too. The chop tackle is still his trademark.
5. Luke Charteris, if he can stop getting injured the he is a strong ball carrier and a weapon in the lineout.
4. Alun-Wyn Jones, my choice for captain and our most passionate player.
3. Adam Jones, has had some criticism but i think it is unwarrented.
2. Richard Hibbard, looked tired but is still putting his body on the line
1. Gethin Jenkins, unfairly treated by the ref against Englnd, he has still got it.
With injuries to HP, Warburton and Hibbard, i would replace them with Cuthbert, Tipuric and Owens for the South Africa tour.
Other inclusions that i would like to see on the tour are, Jordan Williams, preferably as a winger; Samson Lee, we hear so much about him but gatland doesnt seem too impressed; Owen Williams, impressive for Leicester and has routed Flood from 10; Rhys Patchell, we need to sort out who is best at 10 ad unfortunately neither Priestland of Biggar excite me at the moment; Lee Byrne, quality in France, experienced and has the 15 jersey at Clermont, a team that will be challenging for top spot in the Top14 and also for the H Cup.
As the world cup approaches i think we also need to see Adam Jones and Gethin Jenkins being used more as impact players, coming off the bench.
Liam Williams has not impressed me when he has come off the bench and looks better in the starting 15. He was great against Scotland but that was against 14 men. If Hook wasnt available he will be Wales future 15 and Gatland already sees him as Halfpeny's understudy.